2,000-year-old Roman ship found off GenoaBreaking News
tags: archaeology, Italy, Ancient Rome, Genoa
The discovery was made by police divers off the coast of Porto Maurizio, Liguria, Il Secolo XIX reported.
At least 50 Roman vases were found in the ship, 50 metres below sea level, which remains completely intact.
“This is an exceptional discovery,” Lieutenant Colonel Francesco Schilardi told the newspaper.
“Now it’s a matter of protecting the ship and keeping the grave...
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?