Strange 1924 Article Claimed Hitler 'Favorable to Jews'Breaking News
tags: Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler
Shimon Rahamim, an elderly Israeli, discovered what is perhaps the strangest newspaper article ever – an article in a Hebrew-language newspaper that called Hitler “favorable to the Jewish people.” The article, said Rahamim, is more than a historical curiosity. “It is a warning for the future,” he said.
The article appeared in the Hebrew-language Doar Hayom newspaper, dated August 8, 1924. The article discusses Hitler's role as leader of the “nationalist Germans,” and said that in an interview with a German publication, he had expressed “his warm feelings for the Jewish people.”
Hitler, the article said, had told the interviewer that all nations that had fallen in the past had suffered that fate because of their negative treatment of Jews. “He recommended that the entire world take stock” of their relations with the Jews, and adjust their behavior accordingly....
comments powered by Disqus
- Chris Hayes on How Police Treat Black Americans like Colonial Subjects
- 5 Ways to Rebuild Labor and Transform America
- Trump's Praise for China over Tiananmen Square Years ago was a Preview of his Support for Military Crackdowns on the George Floyd Protests
- For the First Time in 30 Years, Hong Kong Will Not Hold a Mass Vigil Commemorating the Tiananmen Square Massacre
- America's New Nihilism
- Why Teachers, Not Reformers, Should “Reimagine Education”
- COVID, Race, and a Pivotal Moment for America
- The Memo: Trump Lags in Polls as Crises Press
- Explaining the Insurrection Act of 1807 and Looking Back on Nixon’s Law & Order Campaign (Podcast)
- Trump Declared Himself the 'President of Law and Order.' Here's What People Get Wrong About the Origins of That Idea