It's 200 years old, but what is Italy's carabinieri?Breaking News
tags: Italy, carabinieri
I've always been puzzled by the fact that Italy has two police forces, although Italians don't seem to find it strange at all.
If you ask "why two?" they'll tell you, by way of unsatisfactory explanation, the polizia are the regular state police while the carabinieri are part of the army.
The real reason is a quirk of history.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?