15 stunning photos that show how Paris has changed since World War IIRoundup
tags: Paris, WW II
Seventy years ago this month, the Allied forces defeated the Nazis. How have things changed since then?
Parisian-based artist Julien Knez spent two months trying to answer that question. After assembling a number of historic images of the liberation of the French capital, he tried to find the places and angles from where the photos were taken.
"It was very intense to imagine the fights in the streets I know as a Parisian," Knez wrote in an e-mail. He allowed WorldViews to republish some of his collages. You can go to his blog Golem13 to view more photos. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?