Microsoft’s A.I. Twitter Robot Praises Hitler, Endorses Trump, Denies HolocaustBreaking News
tags: Twitter, Microsoft, Tay
Less than 24 hours ago, Microsoft deployed a “highly opinionated” artificial intelligence robot on Twitter.
The first thing it learned? To hate.
In no short order, the bot — named Tay — praised Hitler, denied the Holocaust, hurled racist slurs at President Obama, and then it endorsed Donald Trump.
And no, this is not a story from the satirical news site, The Onion. This, folks, really happened.
comments powered by Disqus
- When Jim Crow Reigned Amid the Rubble of Nazi Germany
- Why Suburban American Homeowners Were Accused of Being a 'Profit-Making Cartel' in the 1970s
- Animals large and small once covered North America’s prairies – and in some places, they could again
- Library of Congress acquires major archive of African American photographer Shawn Walker
- A farm boy became a fearsome warrior at Iwo Jima. And he did it with a flamethrower.
- Trump and the Christians: Evangelical historian John Fea on decoding the great paradox
- Six historians weigh in on the biggest misconceptions about black history
- Renowned presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin finally takes on George Washington
- Legal Historian Jed Shugerman Says William Barr's Actions Are "Remarkably Not Normal"
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History