Carson refers to slaves as 'immigrants' in talk to HUD employeesBreaking News
tags: slavery, immigration, Ben Carson
● Carson Has Called Slaves ‘Immigrants’ for Decades (Politico)
● Ben Carson and the Misuse of History By Jelani Cobb
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson referred to slaves as "immigrants" dreaming of a better life in a talk with department employees, according to Monday reports.
“That’s what America is about. A land of dreams and opportunity,” Carson said. “There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire