Charleston's International African American Museum's big plansBreaking News
tags: Black History, International African American Museum, Charleston
Since the idea for the International African American Museum was publicly announced almost two decades ago, the project has swung on a pendulum of uncertainty. Until now.
The museum nearly has the money it needs to break ground. It's made much progress toward finalizing the exhibitions and floor plan. And it's tapping into a rich and powerful history with broad appeal.
But will it succeed?
comments powered by Disqus
- Tom Engelhardt Writes Personal and Historical Essay: Turning 75 in the Age of Trump
- Historian Drew Gilpin Faust Pens Personal and Historical Essay: "Race, History, and Memories of a Virginia Girlhood"
- WBUR Is Belatedly Giving Credit to a Female Historian for a Segment
- Behind the men on the moon, there were thousands of women
- Professor Rebecca Gordon Pens Essay Revealing Her Abortion and Examines Ongoing History of Roe v. Wade