Italians Played Active Role in Holocaust, Professor Claims in "Historiographical Counterblast"Breaking News
tags: Holocaust, Italy
A recently translated book about the Holocaust has claimed that Italian citizens played a crucial and enthusiastic role in the Nazi genocide during World War II.
Historian Simon Levis Sullam’s book, The Italian Executioners: The Genocide of the Jews of Italy, was published in 2015 but only translated into English this year. In the book, Sullam provides what he calls a “historiographical counterblast” to shed light on the complicity of Italians in one of the worst crimes in human history, The Times of Israel said.
Sullam tracked more than 6,000 Italian Jews who were murdered during the final two years of the war. Most were detained and sent to Nazi concentration camps with the help of anti-Semitic Italian laws.
comments powered by Disqus
- Chris Hayes on How Police Treat Black Americans like Colonial Subjects
- 5 Ways to Rebuild Labor and Transform America
- Trump's Praise for China over Tiananmen Square Years ago was a Preview of his Support for Military Crackdowns on the George Floyd Protests
- For the First Time in 30 Years, Hong Kong Will Not Hold a Mass Vigil Commemorating the Tiananmen Square Massacre
- America's New Nihilism
- Why Teachers, Not Reformers, Should “Reimagine Education”
- COVID, Race, and a Pivotal Moment for America
- The Memo: Trump Lags in Polls as Crises Press
- Explaining the Insurrection Act of 1807 and Looking Back on Nixon’s Law & Order Campaign (Podcast)
- Trump Declared Himself the 'President of Law and Order.' Here's What People Get Wrong About the Origins of That Idea