Black Perspectives Announces Online Forum Honoring the Life and Work of Dr. Rosalyn Terborg-PennHistorians in the News
tags: Black Perspectives, Rosalyn Terborg-Penn
Black Perspectives, the award-winning blog of the African American Intellectual History Society (AAIHS), is hosting an online forum honoring the life and work of Dr. Rosalyn Terborg-Penn, a pioneering scholar in the field of Black women’s history and co-founder of the Association of Black Women Historians (ABWH). Contributors explore the impact Terborg-Penn had on their individual careers — mentoring, influencing, and inspiring numerous scholars of Black history as a professor and leader at Morgan State University. Forum pieces also highlight the instrumental role Terborg-Penn’s scholarship played in developing the field of African American women’s history.
The forum begins on Monday, October 21st and concludes on Thursday, October 24th.
The forum is organized by Stephen G. Hall (Independent Researcher). It will feature pieces from Hall, Sasha Turner (Quinnipiac University), Jewell C. Debnam (Morgan State University), and Ida E. Jones (Morgan State University).
During the week of the online forum, Black Perspectives will publish new blog posts every day at 5:30AM EST. Please follow Black Perspectives (@BlkPerspectives) and AAIHS (@AAIHS) on Twitter, like AAIHS on Facebook, and subscribe to our blog for updates. By subscribing to Black Perspectives, each new post will automatically be delivered to your inbox during the week of the forum.
comments powered by Disqus
- Live through incredible Berlin Wall escape stories with YouTube's VR history project
- How Codebreakers Helped Secure U.S. Victory in the Battle of Midway
- The Equal Rights Amendment May Pass Now. It’s Only Been 96 Years.
- Teenage Rescuer, Now 92, Meets Family She Saved From Nazis
- Mormons in Mexico: A brief history of polygamy, cartel violence and faith
- Chris Riback is Reading the Impeachment Inquiry Opening Statements Aloud on His Podcast
- Julie Hirschfeld Davis & Michael D. Shear: Inside Trump’s Assault on Immigration
- 14 Ships' Figureheads Weighing Over 20 Tons Arrive at UK's Newest Museum, The Box
- Historian Hope Harrison Interviewed for article on German Reunification in The Atlantic
- “If you liked this interview, you’ll love this book”: A Review of Sarah Milov’s The Cigarette: A Political History (2019)