Poll: Majority of Democrats think Obama was better president than WashingtonBreaking News
tags: George Washington, presidential rankings, Obama, presidential history
A majority of Democratic voters said former President Obama was a better leader than founding father and first president of the U.S. George Washington in a new poll.
The poll, conducted by Monmouth University, found that 63 percent of Democratic survey respondents believed that Obama was a better president than Washington. Twenty-nine percent of those polled believed that Washington beat out the 44th president.
Among all registered voters surveyed, 58 percent say Washington was a better president compared to 33 percent for Obama. Compared to Trump, Washington received 71 percent support while the president received 15 percent.
Forty-four percent of Republican voters polled said Washington was a better president than Trump, while 37 percent said Trump is better than Washington.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Titanic Wreck Will Now Be Protected Under a 'Momentous Agreement' With the U.S.
- Arrested for having sex with men, this gay civil rights leader could finally be pardoned in California
- Ancient aboriginal aquaculture system older than Stonehenge uncovered by Australia wildfires
- How the Government Came to Decide the Color of Your Food
- In 1851, a Maryland Farmer Tried to Kidnap Free Blacks in Pennsylvania. He Wasn’t Expecting the Neighborhood to Fight Back
- The Way We Write History Has Changed
- Rethinking How We Train Historians
- Building a digital archive for decaying paper documents, preserving centuries of records about enslaved people
- The Radical Lives of Abolitionists
- National Security Archive Releases USCYBERCOM documents which shed new light on the campaign to counter ISIS in cyberspace