Classroom Activity Kit: The History of Private Prisons in the U.S.Historians/History
tags: teachers, classroom, education, lesson plans
Isabella Delpino, Jared Levinson and Matthew Crawford are interns with the History News Network.
This activity kit was edited by Chelsea Connolly and Kyla Sommers.
This activity kit is intended to teach students about the history of private prisons in the United States. Students will watch two videos, read news articles in small groups, and then combine their knowledge to create a timeline as a class, followed by a class discussion. This activity engages student’s analytical, critical thinking, and research skills. All necessary materials are included.
Download the full activity kit here.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?