Omohundro Institute and NYT to Live Stream Discussion of 1619 Project on March 6Historians in the News
tags: slavery, African American history, early American history
The Omohundro Institute for Early American History and Culture and the New York Times will present a live stream of "Slavery and the American Revolution: A Historical Dialogue," a panel discussion of the recent 1619 Project on Friday, March 6. Institute Executive Director will host a discussion featuring Annette Gordon-Reed, Eliga Gould, and Alan Taylor. Gerald Horne will participate as well.
This discussion will stream live on Friday, March 6, at 6:30 PM Eastern Time.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?