Historians for Peace and Democracy (H-PAD) Launches a Virtual Speakers ProgramHistorians in the News
tags: virtual history
Historians for Peace and Democracy (H-PAD) has just launched a Virtual Speakers Program (VSP). The VSP draws on H-PAD’s past experiences with speakers lists, but incorporates the technological opportunities provided by video conferencing platforms like Zoom and Skype. Thirty-five scholars, intellectuals, and activists who are experts in their fields have volunteered to be part of the VSP. The VSP enables you to set up campus or community events to schedule, without honoraria, presentations by professional historians, independent scholars, and activists in topic areas that are politically, historically, and intellectually important in the current context. For a list of potential speakers click https://www.historiansforpeace.org/speakers/.
You can search the list by speaker or by category. Each speaker is listed in alphabetical order, with their email, topics they can address, and a brief description of their fields of expertise and publications. You can also search the speakers by clicking on one of the seventeen topic areas listed to the right of the web page included above.
H-PAD developed the VSP in response to the current pandemic and the move from in-person to online classes. However, we anticipate the VSP will continue once in-person classes resume. We realize that many campuses and community groups have been hit very hard financially by the pandemic and its multi-level negative consequences. Thus, the VSP allows everyone to have leading experts address their campus or community at no cost to themselves. If you would like more information on H-PAD, click https://www.historiansforpeace.org/
comments powered by Disqus
- These Portraits Revolutionized the Way Queer Women Were Seen in the 1970s
- “Decades in the Making”: How Mainstream Conservatives & Right-Wing Money Fueled the Capitol Attack
- What the FBI Had on Grandpa
- Franco: Melilla Enclave Removes Last Statue of Fascist Dictator on Spanish Soil
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti Obituary
- For Many, an Afro isn’t Just a Hairstyle
- With Free Medical Clinics and Patient Advocacy, the Black Panthers Created a Legacy in Community Health That Still Exists Amid COVID-19
- With a Touch of Wisdom: Human Rights, Memory, and Forgetting
- New Exhibit Reckons With Glendale's Racist Past as ‘Sundown Town'
- The Broken System: What Comes After Meritocracy?