Does Nancy MacLean Owe Tyler Cowen An Apology? (and MacLean's Response)
Russ Roberts takes on my former classmate at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, Nancy MacLean author of Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America.
Truth in advertising. I had only casual contact with MacLean at UW but came to know Cowen fairly well. I also had some dealings with James Buchanan (including one group dinner with him in the 1980s!) but did not know him well.
I have ordered the book and will be giving my thoughts soon.
comments powered by Disqus
- Human Remains Found in Search for 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Victims
- Ukraine Seeks UN Cultural Status for Beloved Borscht. A Culinary Spat with Russia Could be Brewing
- Shouting Matches, Partisan Rallies, Guns at Polling Places: Tensions High at Early-Voting Sites
- New PBS Documentary on New York Gossip Columnist Walter Winchell
- Northam Calls for VMI Investigation after Black Cadets Describe Relentless Racism
- Collin College Professor’s Tweet About Vice President Sparks Debate Over Academia And Free Speech
- Webinar: Teaching Assistants in the Time of COVID
- Why Is America the World’s Police? (Review)
- AHA Issues Letter Defending AHA Member’s Right to Free Speech
- John Brown And Abraham Lincoln: Divergent Paths In The Fight To End Slavery (audio)