Does Nancy MacLean Owe Tyler Cowen An Apology? (and MacLean's Response)
Russ Roberts takes on my former classmate at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, Nancy MacLean author of Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America.
Truth in advertising. I had only casual contact with MacLean at UW but came to know Cowen fairly well. I also had some dealings with James Buchanan (including one group dinner with him in the 1980s!) but did not know him well.
I have ordered the book and will be giving my thoughts soon.
comments powered by Disqus
- The History Behind Hong Kong's Ongoing Protests
- The last time a ‘Tanker War’ broke out in the Persian Gulf, it lasted for years
- Clarence Thomas says a Smithsonian exhibit about him is wrong. (It’s not.)
- Will Apollo Nostalgia Help NASA Get Its Artemis Moon Money?
- America's M4 Sherman Tank: World War II Wonder Weapon or Blunder Weapon?
- How Accurate is HBO's Chernobyl? Experts Weigh In
- Anthony Price, British author of thrillers with deep links to history, dies at 90
- Students and Parents Push for Better Textbooks to Help Fight Hate and Stereotypes
- CSIS destroyed secret file on Pierre Trudeau, stunning historians
- Truman Library Announces $25 Million Transformation