Does Nancy MacLean Owe Tyler Cowen An Apology? (and MacLean's Response)
Russ Roberts takes on my former classmate at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, Nancy MacLean author of Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America.
Truth in advertising. I had only casual contact with MacLean at UW but came to know Cowen fairly well. I also had some dealings with James Buchanan (including one group dinner with him in the 1980s!) but did not know him well.
I have ordered the book and will be giving my thoughts soon.
comments powered by Disqus
- How the Little Ice Age Changed History
- Trump Administration to Turn Over Trove of Declassified Records to Argentina on Human Rights Violations Committed During Military Dictatorship
- To Understand The History Of Elite College Admissions, Just Follow The Money
- A Brief History of the Golan Heights, Claimed by Israel and Syria
- The warped history that fuels right-wing terrorism
- Justin Rose's New Book explores how Martin Luther King Jr. transformed the Christian notion of service into a politically salient concept
- Margaret MacMillan, History Professor Emeritus at Oxford University, Gives Warnings from history for Brexit Britain
- The Historian Who Thinks Donald Trump Is a Movie Hero
- In Memoriam: Joe Miller, Ground-Breaking Historian
- The Women Highlighting Women's History in Feminist Travel Guides