Errors in Nancy MacLean's Democracy in Chains (Spreadsheet)
tags: Democracy in Chains,Nancy MacLean,James Buchanan,Errors
For your reference purposes, here is a spreadsheet of documented factual errors, misrepresentations of evidence, and outright fabrications in Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains."
As of right now the list stands at over 60 and is growing. Since she's back in the news with a new wave of book awards and scurrilous attacks on her critics, I figured it was time to make it sharable.
comments powered by Disqus
- Archivist and bookseller plead guilty to pilfering $8M in rare texts from Carnegie Library
- The chief justice who presided over the first presidential impeachment trial thought it was political spectacle
- Hundreds of Britons Volunteered for a Diary-Keeping Project in 1937. They Left an Invaluable Record of World War II
- Fact check: After Pearl Harbor, Japanese didn't invade US because they feared armed citizens?
- How Political Divides Shape U.S. History Lessons
- AHA Encourages History Departments to Provide Full Library Access to Alumni and to Unaffiliated Historians in their Regions
- Clayborne Carson Interviewed by World Socialist Web Site on 1619 Project
- “A staggering tour de force – but an opportunity missed”: a historian’s review of the film 1917
- NY Journal of Books Reviews Wilmington's Lie: The Murderous Coup of 1898 and the Rise of White Supremacy
- AHA Enrollment Study Finds History Enrollments Hold Study as Department Efforts Intensify