by Teresa Meade
His career stretches back through some of the most sordid instances of US intervention and brutality.
SOURCE: CBS News
"We are not focused on the events of the 1980s. We are focused on the events of 2019."
by Jeffrey J. Matthews
And what it means for George H.W. Bush's legacy.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
The presidency survived the Watergate, Iran-contra and Clinton scandals. Trump will exact a higher toll.
by Carlos Lozada
Histories of past presidential scandals reveal common threads and turning points -- but also show how Trump stands alone.
by Donne Levy
This is the first presidential scandal involving a foreign government interfering with our election process and possible collusion by the man who won the election.
The idea that at some point party loyalty goes out the window and politicians become nonpartisan statesmen doesn’t hold up historically.
SOURCE: The Nation
by Greg Grandin
On the 30th anniversary, we can see that it was an ideological project, with the New Right reasserting the righteousness of militarism and markets.
- Timothy Thomas Fortune: A Great, Forgotten Black Radical
- Black History Trail Makes 200 Stops Across Massachusetts
- Emmett Till's Murder and How America Remembers Its Darkest Moments
- ‘Slavery is not a game’: Virginia school apologizes over Black History Month exercise
- How the Republican Response to the Mueller Investigation Breaks With History
- Every Sunday, These Historians Go to the Movies — All in the Name of Digital Community
- History has a massive gender bias. We’ll settle for fixing Wikipedia.
- Historians fight back as TV raids their research treasures for its shows
- "The North Star" Launches with Keisha N. Blain as Editor-in-Chief
- New Interactive Tool Maps the American War on Terror