SOURCE: Public Books
by Jonathan Goldman
When Babe Ruth started hitting home runs, the US started to change.
SOURCE: NY Times
by Jane Leavy
The sale, at the end of 1919, changed baseball — and New York City — forever.
- Crowd Rallies to Keep Confederate Memorial in Downtown St. Augustine
- As Divisions Threaten America, The Pressure To Cancel Presidents Is Dangerous
- Trump is Going All In on Divisive Culture Wars. That Might not Work this Time.
- Redskins, Indians and the Long Push to Drop Native American Mascots
- Kansas Newspaper Equates Mask Mandate With Holocaust, Drawing Fire
- The Politics of Race are Shifting, and Politicians are Struggling to Keep Pace
- Trump’s Push to Amplify Racism Unnerves Republicans who have Long Enabled Him
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing