Demand for “counter-textbooks” has been fueled by factors including student desire for more diverse stories and requirements like the California law that now mandates LGBT-inclusive social-studies curriculums.
SOURCE: Washington Post
‘Don’t they know Columbus never landed in America?’: Third-graders found error in their workbook. Here’s what they did about it.
The Math in Focus workbook said in a math problem that Columbus landed in America in 1492. The students at Valleyview Elementary School in Oneonta knew that wasn’t true — and they wanted the publisher to fix the error.
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream