SOURCE: The New York Times
October 6, 2019
by Allison Stanger
In accusing the intelligence community whistle-blower of partisanship and treason, President Trump has redefined whistle-blowing to serve his private interests rather than the rule of law. In the American tradition, whistle-blowers expose illegal or unconstitutional acts that the powerful want to keep secret.
by Sam Mastrianni
How historians helped us understand whistleblowers the past week.
- Smithsonian Taps N.Y. Cultural Director To Lead African American Museum
- Unredacted FBI Document Sheds New Light on White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement
- America Is About to Enter its Years of Lead
- The forgotten alliance between Black activists and China
- Harry Reid on the Senate, the Supreme Court, and a Time for Major Change