SOURCE: The Dispatch
by David French
Tribalism affected both abolitionists and Confederates during the Civil War. How does it impact modern politics?
SOURCE: Black Perspectives
by Tyler Parry
In leaving a record of their trauma, the formerly enslaved invite their readers to approach the emotional histories of those trapped in antebellum slavery.
The register’s written entries on the plantations tend to say almost nothing about the enslaved people.
- Washington History Seminar TODAY: Claudio Saunt's "Unworthy Republic"
- The Bonnie and Richard Reiss Graduate Institute for Constitutional History Seminar Spring 2021 Session (Virtual)
- Hank Aaron's Lasting Impact is Measured in More than Home Runs
- Hank Aaron's 715th, Called by Vin Scully
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat