Adjunct Professors Share Salaries and Working Conditions in a New Spreadsheet Created by Erin Bartram
The anonymous list, launched by historian Erin Bartram, has garnered about 250 entries so far.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
Thea Hunter was a promising, brilliant scholar. And then she got trapped in academia’s permanent underclass.
by Lawrence S. Wittner
An adjunct teaching a full-time load makes roughly $20,000. Robert Zimmer, president of the University of Chicago, makes $3.4 million.
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
by Stacey Patton
The story of medievalist Melissa Bruninga-Matteau.
SOURCE: Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette
by David Austin Walsh
The Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette profiles efforts to organize non-tenure-track faculty at the University of Illinois.
- Trump administration says joint UNC, Duke Middle East Studies program portrays Islam too positively
- What White Kids Learn About Race in School
- Frederick Douglass photos smashed stereotypes. Could Elizabeth Warren selfies do the same?
- Chronicling New York’s Muslim History
- New Documents Illuminate The University of Texas’s Secret Strategy to Keep Out Black Students
- Women Scientists Were Written Out of History. It’s Margaret Rossiter’s Lifelong Mission to Fix That
- Allen C. Guelzo Reviews Sidney Blumenthal's Latest Installment of His Biography of Lincoln
- What Reconstruction-Era Laws Can Teach Our Democracy: The NY Times Reviews Eric Foner's Latest Book
- Should historians read their own book?
- Cokie Roberts, Pioneering Journalist Who Helped Shape NPR, Dies At 75