by B.Z. Khasru
It didn’t take long after the suicide bombings that hit Sri Lanka over Easter Sunday for an old question to resurface: What motivated the attackers?
SOURCE: NY Times
Here is some context to help you understand the latest events in the small island nation.
A government psychiatrist in Sri Lanka goes door to door in an area scarred by civil war, doing whatever he can to meet a staggering need for help.
SOURCE: Associated Press
The U.N.'s top human rights body has approved an international criminal investigation into alleged abuses in Sri Lanka's civil war, which ended in 2009.
SOURCE: The Telegraph
Minister Keheliya Rambukwella made the statement after Cameron called for an independent inquiry into alleged war crimes in the country.
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream