The growth of women's soccer is a microcosm of the fight for gender equality.
by Eduardo Galeano
"These days, soccer fanaticism has come to occupy the place formerly reserved for religious fervor, patriotic ardor, and political passion."
SOURCE: Associated Press
Simunic and fans chanted a war call used by the Croatian Ustashe, pro-Nazi collaborators.
- Abraham Lincoln’s Leap From a Window, and 4 Other Ways Lawmakers Have Fled Votes
- Fact-checking Trump's false US history lesson on debt, tariffs and building highways with 'CASH'
- The Stonewall of the South That History Forgot
- Was Abraham Lincoln an Atheist?
- ‘A kind of creeping oppression’: Anne Frank’s haunting newly published letters to her grandmother
- Kevin Kruse Discuses Revisionist History on the Bulwark Podcast
- Leading historians and academics to launch five-year project to chronicle the UK's history dating back to 1603
- Holocaust historians divided over Warsaw ghetto museum
- The Holocaust Survivor Who Deciphered Nazi Doublespeak
- Peter Selz, Curator and Art Historian Committed to the New, Is Dead at 100