SOURCE: Philadelphia Inquirer
The Historical Society cited operating deficits and a lack of financial stability as the reason for the layoffs.
SOURCE: Washington Post
For more than two decades, one small publisher far from New York has been quietly rescuing remnants of history from the flames of oblivion.
SOURCE: Chicago Tribune
Geoffrey Baer's 'Chicago Time Machine' takes deep-dish look at the past.
- Trump administration says joint UNC, Duke Middle East Studies program portrays Islam too positively
- What White Kids Learn About Race in School
- Frederick Douglass photos smashed stereotypes. Could Elizabeth Warren selfies do the same?
- Chronicling New York’s Muslim History
- New Documents Illuminate The University of Texas’s Secret Strategy to Keep Out Black Students
- Women Scientists Were Written Out of History. It’s Margaret Rossiter’s Lifelong Mission to Fix That
- Allen C. Guelzo Reviews Sidney Blumenthal's Latest Installment of His Biography of Lincoln
- What Reconstruction-Era Laws Can Teach Our Democracy: The NY Times Reviews Eric Foner's Latest Book
- Should historians read their own book?
- Cokie Roberts, Pioneering Journalist Who Helped Shape NPR, Dies At 75