by L.E.J. Rachell
From COINTELPRO to Black Lives Matter.
SOURCE: African American Intellectual History Society
by Bobby Cervantes
Sylvie Laurent’s new book about the Poor Peoples Campaign is not far removed from the political scene today.
SOURCE: NY Times
by Mehrsa Baradaran
Nixon’s solution for racial ghettos was tax breaks and incentives, not economic justice.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Kellie Carter Jackson
Without access to political rights, violence becomes a crucial tool in the fight for freedom.
by L.E.J. Rachell
We need to go back to CORE to have a better understanding of the ongoing antiracist movement.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
"After Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised their fists in silent protest, sports legend Brent Musburger wrote a hateful screed comparing them to Nazis. It’s time for him to say ‘sorry.’ "
SOURCE: Mo4ch News
Fifty years ago this Thursday, a pivotal speech in Greenwood, Mississippi radically changed the direction of the global civil rights movement forever – when Trinidadian immigrant Stokely Carmichael popularized the phrase “Black Power.”
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Benjamin Hedin
Only a few miles away from where the legendary march began, a new phase of civil-rights activism gathered momentum.
SOURCE: The Guardian
New biography of Darcus Howe claims struggle is ignored because it does not fit idea of Britain as 'utopia of fair play'.
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance