SOURCE: NY Times
by Mehrsa Baradaran
Nixon’s solution for racial ghettos was tax breaks and incentives, not economic justice.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Kellie Carter Jackson
Without access to political rights, violence becomes a crucial tool in the fight for freedom.
by L.E.J. Rachell
We need to go back to CORE to have a better understanding of the ongoing antiracist movement.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
"After Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised their fists in silent protest, sports legend Brent Musburger wrote a hateful screed comparing them to Nazis. It’s time for him to say ‘sorry.’ "
SOURCE: Mo4ch News
Fifty years ago this Thursday, a pivotal speech in Greenwood, Mississippi radically changed the direction of the global civil rights movement forever – when Trinidadian immigrant Stokely Carmichael popularized the phrase “Black Power.”
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Benjamin Hedin
Only a few miles away from where the legendary march began, a new phase of civil-rights activism gathered momentum.
SOURCE: The Guardian
New biography of Darcus Howe claims struggle is ignored because it does not fit idea of Britain as 'utopia of fair play'.
- Why Pete Buttigieg may be reviving progressive ideals of the Social Gospel Movement
- Medal of Honor review sought for minority World War I heroes
- Russia isn’t the first country to protest Western control over global telecommunications
- Redactions: The Declassified File
- Abraham Lincoln, Joe Biden and the politics of touch