SOURCE: NY Daily News
by Jonathon Zimmerman
The reactions to this latest episode smack of a different kind of conspiracy, which historians should both recognize and resist: the conspiracy of silence.
SOURCE: NY Times
by Barbara Ransby
We should not become historical peeping Toms by trafficking in what amounts to rumor and innuendo.
SOURCE: Politico Magazine
by David Greenberg
A new trove of FBI records has become yet another political weapon in our hyper-partisan age. That doesn’t mean we should ignore it.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Howell Raines
An illuminating ook review of Henry Louis Gates, Jr.'s “Stony the Road: Reconstruction, White Supremacy, and the Rise of Jim Crow.”
by M. Andrew Holowchak
Johns was a critical figure in the push for racial equality, chiefly because he was not merely a pusher, but also a shover.
by HNN Staff
How historians can be inspired by remembering the radical and realist Dr. King.
by William Lambers
Few people know Dr. King was also an activist for nuclear disarmament and urged peace during the Cold War nuclear arms race.
SOURCE: The Root
David Oyelowo Says Steven Spielberg Wants Him to Reprise Martin Luther King Jr. Role in Upcoming Biopic
After starring as Martin Luther King Jr. in Ava DuVernay’s critically acclaimed movie Selma, David Oyelowo revealed in a recent interview that Steven Spielberg is trying to get him to reprise his role as the civil rights leader.
by Peter Eisenstadt
"A few years ago I found some correspondence that I thought might have profoundly altered the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. thereby redirecting the course of American and world history."
Review of "Black Against Empire: The History and Politics of the Black Panther Party" by Joshua Bloom and Waldo E. Martin, Jr.
by Ron Briley
Bloom and Martin have produced a fascinating and comprehensive political history of the BPP, essentially told from the party’s perspective, which will certainly draw criticism from those contesting the violence and political legacy of the party.
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance