SOURCE: NY Times
The grants were announced two weeks after the Trump administration released a proposed budget for fiscal 2020 that called for closure of the agency, whose activities were described as lying outside of “core federal responsibilities.”
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
For third year in a row, he also seeks to kill National Endowment for the Arts. Congress has rejected those proposals in the past.
Kaiser and eight other members wrote to Harvard President Drew Faust demanding to know why compensation at the endowment doubled in three years.
- Did we mishear Neil Armstrong’s famous first words on the Moon?
- Why the United States is not a true democracy
- Explaining Putin’s World: A Conversation with Angela Stent
- Why Civil Rights Activists Protested the Moon Landing
- Behind Trump’s ‘go back’ demand: A long history of rejecting ‘different’ Americans
- Professor Rebecca Gordon Pens Essay Revealing Her Abortion and Examines Ongoing History of Roe v. Wade
- Podcast Discusses History of the CIA
- Watching 'Chernobyl': How Important Are Visuals for Understanding History?
- The Surprising Things Arctic Ice Can Tell Us About Human History
- 'History on a stick’ signs disappearing too fast to keep up