SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
by Gordon S. Wood
What shocked colonists like George Washington into war? Britain’s imperious actions in Boston.
SOURCE: World Socialist Web Site
“When the Declaration says that all men are created equal, that is no myth”
SOURCE: Los Angeles Review of Books
by Scott Porch
His latest work is a collection of significant Revolutionary War pamphlets put out by the Library of America.
SOURCE: The Way of Improvement Leads Home (blog)
by John Fea
In an article in the conservative Weekly Standard he lionized Bernard Bailyn.
SOURCE: The Weekly Standard
"Although Bernard Bailyn is one of the most distinguished historians in the Western world, he is not as well known as he should be."
- Law Professor Criticized After Reading Racial Slur In Class
- Chicago 1968: Blood Outside the Arena (Reprinted from 8/28/1968)
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable