SOURCE: Pacific Standard
by David M. Perry
A major study led by a lifelong Republican finds no evidence that professors are deliberately giving conservative students bad grades.
SOURCE: Philadelphia Inquirer
by Anita Bernstein
Our freedom to say what we want is not only tolerated but celebrated.
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
by Sam Fallon
When academic self-regard becomes an intellectual style.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
by Cal Newport
It used to simplify crucial tasks. Now it's strangling scholars' ability to think.
- New Statue Unsettles Italian City: Is It Celebrating a Poet or a Nationalist?
- A Charter School Gets Canceled for Wanting to Teach Indigenous History
- The 1969 Documentary That Tried to Humanize Queen Elizabeth II and The Royal Family
- The 96-Year-History of the Equal Rights Amendment
- The Amazon Rainforest under Threat
- An interview with historian James Oakes on the New York Times’ 1619 Project
- Historian Jeffrey Engel Takes Listener Questions On Impeachment Inquiry on NPR's All Things Considered
- 5 Historians on What Was Truly Unprecedented in This Week’s Impeachment Hearings
- Teaching impeaching: History comes to life in school as teachers seize on this historic moment. Here’s what some are doing — and how.
- Smithsonian Elevates the Frequently Ignored Histories of Women